James Eaton creates unique, fanciful, painted automatons, weather vanes, whirligigs and other sculptural objects.
His creations are somewhat enigmatic in that they are at once humorous and friendly, yet elegant and refined. They are reminiscent of folk art, yet very contemporary. Mr. Eaton’s works are permanent, durable, and are suitable for either exterior or interior use.
Mr. Eaton’s works can be found in many public and private collections and have been selected for inclusion in a wide variety of exhibitions and gallery shows throughout the United States. His pieces incorporate expertise gained from a comprehensive art and design background especially in the use of color, materials and processes.
He holds a degree in Industrial Design from the college of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Illinois and has been a practicing artist/designer for over 30 years.
His objective is to create unique objects that are enjoyable to be with for a long time.
- Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Akron, Akron, Ohio
- Bonner Heritage Farm, Lindenhurst, Illinois
- Children’s Inn at NIH, Bethesda, Maryland
- Comanche County Memorial Hospital, Lawton, Oklahoma
- Crisis Center, Urbana, Illinois
- DuPage County Children’s Museum, Wind Exhibit, Illinois
- Georgetown University, Children’s Unit, Washington, DC.
- Highland Park Hospital, Highland Park, Illinois
- McNeilly Center for Children, Nashville,Tennessee
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- Winnetka Children’s Library, Winnetka, Illinois
- 1st Miami Securities, Miami Beach, Florida
- City of Miami Beach, Florida
- Doral Tuscany Hotel, New York, New York
- Fleetwood Industries, Reading, Pennsylvania
- Gottex Inc.
- Graphic Dimensions LTD., Flushing, New York
- Herman Miller Inc., Zeeland, Michigan
- Polo (Ralph Lauren Inc.)
- Saks Fifth Avenue, New York
- Theta Industrial Products, Spring Park, Minnesota
- Ultraflex, Genova, Italy